The Heart and Soul of Press & Plow
This month, let your taste buds take a diversion from boxed chocolates and cheesecake. Explore the creative side of coffee and delicious treats to delight the senses.
“When words fail, chocolate and coffee speak!” Perhaps the original quote was about music, but one might argue that coffee soothes the soul, and chocolate, the heart.
At Press and Plow, the baristas strive to satisfy both with their delicious and creative offerings. Owner Chef Anthony Compagni of Benvenuti’s says that food and drink are art, meant to stimulate all the senses. The artful and creative presentation, the aromas, shared bites, the audible Mmm of satisfaction, are all just as important as the taste. Engaging all the senses make for the ultimate experience.
“I find the month of February especially inspiring. How can I make something as simple as a Latte an experience for the guest? I look for ways to take a classic and elevate it. Our Belgian Waffle is a great example. We take waffles made from scratch and layer them with freshly whipped cream and the most plump and fresh berries we can find. We even dust it with powder sugar to give in an ethereal look. It’s like Heaven.”
“My favorite latte right now is the S’mores Latte. The classic S’more is one of America’s most beloved treats. We have made it into something sharable; bites and nibbles of chocolate and gingerbread with sips of gooey toasted marshmallow and coffee. The presentation makes us nostalgic and invites people to enjoy it together.”
Other delectable choices include Press & Plow’s Pate a Choux and Pastry Cream (one bite will have you licking your lips), Amaro Cherry Syrup and Dark Chocolate Latte (a playful marriage of beautiful flavors) and Affogato (Vanilla Gelato) Espresso (in Italian it means, “to drown”).
In the month where love abounds, treat your special someone to an artful and stimulating visit to Press and Plow, 2596 West Tecumseh Road, in Norman. Did you know:
1. Press and Plow is open seven days from 6 a.m. Brunch is served daily from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
2. If sweet treats are not your thing, savor a libation from the full wine/alcohol bar with a charcuterie and cheese board or one of many fresh salads.
3. Brunch favorites not to be missed: Huevos Rancheros, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Croque Madame, Roasted Tomato Soup & Grilled Cheese, Swedish Crepes and Biscuits and Gravy.
4. Inspired to try it at home? The provisions shop can supply your pantry with everything you need to make a gourmet Italian meal at home or to create your own tea blends or lattes.
5. Love the vibe and want to share it with all your friends? You can rent out the entire shop for your gathering.