To cool off this summer, try this delectable recipe for Strawberry-Basil Smash using Cantera Negra Silver tequila from Boardwalk Distribution mixologist Kristen Roelofsen. Ask for Cantera Negra Silver tequila at your local liquor store.
1. In a pitcher combine 4 cups of water and sugar; stir until dissolved.
2. Add 2 ½ cups of strawberries (hulled), 1 cup fresh lemon juice and ½ cup of packed basil leaves; using an immersion blender, blend for 2 minutes or until smooth.
3. Strain and discard solids. Discard any foam and chill for 24 hours.
4. For every cocktail, use 3/4 to 1 cup of strawberry mixture and 1.5 oz Cantera Negra Silver tequila.
5. Top with favorite La Croix.