Modern design, powerful capabilities, sumptious amenities keep luxury firmly in the driver’s seat
Modern design, powerful capability and sumptuous amenities keep luxury firmly in the driver’s seat of the 2015 Cadillac Escalade.
Enhanced technologies and new exterior colors distinguish the latest edition of the brand’s signature SUV, complementing cut-and-sewn materials and wood trim–selected for elegance and authenticity–and the latest technologies to convey an exceptional level of luxury.
Among the 2016 updates: enhancements that make CUE (Cadillac User Experience) faster and more intuitive, including navigation functionality and phone integration technology via Apple CarPlay. Lane Keep Assist also is offered, adding to Escalade’s comprehensive safety technologies.
Two choices are offered in this product line: the standard Escalade and the extended-length ESV edition, which offers a 14-inch-longer wheelbase and approximately 20 inches more in overall length, maximizing space for third-row passengers and nearly double the cargo space behind the third-row seat.
Luxury, Premium and Platinum collections are available in addition to the standard models, offering even higher levels of content and technology. All models are offered with 2WD and 4WD drivetrains, powered by a 6.2L V-8 engine backed by an eight-speed automatic transmission. It’s a combination powerful enough to enable 0-60-mph performance in less than 6 seconds–slightly less for the Escalade 4WD and Escalade 2WD.
One might expect low gas mileage, yet the 6.2L engine delivers an EPA-estimated 22 mpg on the highway in the Escalade/ESV RWD and 21 mpg on the highway for Escalade/ESV 4WD.
Cadillac’s Magnetic Ride Control, the world’s fastest-reacting suspension system, is standard, delivering precisely controlled driving performance. At its core, Escalade is an SUV with the capabilities of a full-size truck, enabling an impressive trailering rating of 8,300 pounds on the standard model and an 8,100-pound rating on Escalade ESV.
Loyal Cadillac owners will not be disappointed with the 2016 Escalade’s exterior design, either. Quality, elegance and capability describe the styling, which features sculpted surfaces and high-tech embellishments, such as a highly detailed Galvano chrome grille that has a unique, almost brushed appearance. It is accented by full LED lighting in the front and rear that creates razor-like vertical light signatures. The headlamps incorporate the industry’s first Total Internal Reflection LED high-beam function, which consists for four vertically stacked crystal lenses and LEDs.
Of course, no details was overlooked in designing the interior of the SUV. Craftsmanship defines the Escalade’s passenger space, which is designed to be one of the industry’s most authentic and luxurious cabins as well as seamlessly integrating technology to meet the needs of today’s connected luxury customers.
Real wood combined with premium cut-and-sewn materials and suede accents, along with ambient lighting, add elegance to the interior design. Tight tolerances of the instrument and door panels, precision controls and triple-sealed doors were engineered and designed to reinforce a feeling of quality.
The seats are sculpted and feature a reclining second row. Dual-firmness foam ensures long-trip comfort and helps retain the seats’ appearance over time.
Additional interior features, all standard, include keyless entry and push-button start; electric telescoping/tilting steering column; heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel with wood accents; and a wireless phone-charging provision on the center console. Other amenities include a concealed center-stack storage with motorized door; tri-zone climate control; and fold-flat second- and third-row seats, with standard power-folding third row. Heated and cooled seats are standard in the front; second-row bucket sets also have standard heat.
Some other exciting features you might want to know about:
- Available in the following exterior colors: Gray Silk Metallic, Red Passion Tintcoat, Crystal White Tricoat and Dark Emerald Metallic, all new in 2016, as well as Majestic Plum Metallic, Radiant Silver Metallic, Black Raven, Silver Coast Metallic, Terra Mocha Metallic and Dark Granite Metallic
- Standard rear spoiler on the liftgate houses a rear window wiper that remains hidden when not in use
- A range of choices for interior colors and seating appointments, including leather seating surfaces with mini-perforated inserts, in Jet Black or Shale with Cocoa accents (Luxury and Premium collections available with all-leather seats)
- Active safety features to help protect occupants before, during and after a collision, such as front and rear automatic braking that relies on short-range radar technology and ultrasonic sensors to help the driver avoid front and rear low-speed collisions via a progression of alerts that extend to complete braking, if necessary
- A Surround Vision systems, standard on all models, that uses cameras to provide a 360-degree birds-eye view of the SUV via the CUE color display screen (an update for 2016 allows the driver to select a front-camera-only view)